Add a New Relation
You can add a Relation to your Objects as you would with any other block in the editor: by using the
+button or the in-line
/menu. You can also manage the Relations for a given Object via its Relations Panel: the triangular icon that appears when hovering above the Object name. This Panel shows all relations for that Object.
Here you can add, feature, or modify existing Relations. Featuring Relations allows you to visually prioritize the most relevant Relations for a given Object, as Featured Relations appear directly beneath the Title. You can feature any Relation by clicking ★ next to the relation in the Relations panel.
Here are the currently available Relation-types within Anytype:
- Text: accepts text as the input.
- Number: for all numbers. Different formats are coming soon.
- Date: date, optional information for time.
- Status: categorical relation wherein you can define a list of options to choose from, like X, Y, or Z.
- Tag: another variety of the string with no limits, only one string.
- Email/phone/URL: special formats for URL, email, and phone number.
- Checkbox: an object with a boolean, string, or link to an object.
- Media: audio, movies, or pictures which you can view, play, or download.
- Object: reference to a specific object, like a person, task, or document.