Migration from the Legacy App
Instructions for our Alpha testers
If you’ve created content in the Alpha/Legacy version (0.31.* and older) that you want to keep, you’ll need to migrate it. The process is relatively straightforward:
If you have already deleted your Alpha app prior to exporting your data from it, you might want to download it again in order to complete the export. You can download the 0.31.9 desktop app for Mac, Windows, and Linux via the following link.
Instead of migrating, you’ll have the following alternatives:
- Create a new account. When the app is launched, pick up Join instead of Login.
- Manually import selected Objects one by one from Legacy to Beta. You may want to do this if your Legacy account has become messy but you have a few projects you’d like to carry over to Beta.
For these options, you’ll need to create a new account, which will generate a new Recovery Phrase.
- Error "open profile: file does not exist"
- Reason: this happens with old Legacy versions (e.g. 0.31.0).
- Solution: update the Legacy app via the instructions above.
- Error "can't run service 'client.clientspace': EOF" *